The owner, David Button is looking to retire and we need to hire another tech and service manager to carry on the business.
- Experienced technician familiar with European and Asian vehicle models that have the ability to work on their own and with each other.
- An experienced service manager who is a detail oriented problem solver to keep the work flowing!
- We generally have plenty of work year round to keep everyone busy - we just need employees to keep it all going in the right direction!
- 5 Day work week - no weekends required!
- A "can do" attitude and effort to do the right thing for our customers is appreciated and well rewarded!
Do you have what it takes? Are you...
♦ A problem solver?
♦ Interested in increasing your income, without long hours & weekends at work?
♦ Clean, organized, responsible?
♦ Considering having your own shop someday?
If you answered YES to these questions, you may be just the people we are looking for!
Very competitive pay rate for employees who meet our criteria - MUST have some professional industry experience.
Technician's applying are expected to meet most, but not all, of the following criteria: Dealership or professional independent repair shop experience & training. ASE Certifications. 2 year AAS auto tech degree. Relatively current knowledge of modern automotive systems, including emissions & electronic components. NYS inspection license & knowledge of the rules, valid driver's license.
Manager's applying are expected to meet most, but not all, of the following criteria: Dealership or professional independent repair shop experience & training. ASE Certifications. Relatively current basic knowledge of modern automotive systems, knowledge of the NYS inspection and Repair Shop laws & a valid driver's license.
Not only is AJ Foreign Auto the place for personalized, professional car maintenance, it's the automotive workplace with potential! Why stay in a dead-end job when you can enjoy all these benefits:
- Your skills + ambition = Rewards. Progressive pay plan to reward your skill & efficiency, plus full benefits package!
- We have the diagnostic shop tools you need. We have extensive diagnostic equipment with updated software. Some of our equipment includes a Redline Smoke-Pro machine, John Bean 3D alignment system, John Bean tire balancing system, and Corghi tire mounting system. Additionally, we subscribe to various industry exclusive online information systems to assist with diagnosis & have acquired many specialized factory tools. We help you do things right--the first time.
- Professionalism = Consistent business flow. We are a AAA Approved Repair Shop, BOSCH Service Center, NAPA AutoCare Center, Chamber of Commerce member, have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and have ASE Certified technicians. These associations help portray our professionalism to the community and also help bring business to you! We utilize many venues of marketing to keep customers coming in and coming back, which greatly minimizes slow times and allows us to stay fairly busy when some other shops are sending tech's home due to lack of business. Additionally, we try to have some shop projects in mind to keep our team busy with "shop time" work when customer business is low during the dead of winter.
- Benefits. We offer a weekly tool allowance with Snap-On, health insurance premium contribution, trainings, ASE certification, a retirement plan, vacation time, sick/personal time and holiday pay.
- No baloney. We have a small shop attitude with big shop benefits and pay! Why keep suffering at that big place where you're only a number?
Bring in your resume, send it by US mail or e-mail to:
*EMAIL NOTE: If you send a resume via email, please convert it to a pdf or jpeg, or place it into the body of the email, as we do not open attachments from unknown sources that are not a pdf or jpeg.
AJ Foreign Auto
130 Cherry St., Ithaca, NY 14850
Feel free to stop by and drop off your resume.